This is a Work From Home position for someone based out of the Seattle, WA area.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN—NetSPI provides a variety of server, network, and application penetration testing services. Our Penetration Testers (Security Consultants) are given the opportunity to apply their creativity, business knowledge, and technical skills on a daily basis using new and innovative tools/techniques in a collaborative environment.
A day in the life of a NetSPI pentester:
- Perform web, mobile, and thick application penetration tests
- Perform external, internal, and wireless network penetration tests
- Create and deliver penetration test reports to clients
- Collaborate with clients to create remediation strategies that will help improve their security posture
Other important tasks you'll partake in:
- Research and develop innovative techniques, tools, and methodologies for penetration testing services
- Help define and document internal, technical, and service processes and procedures
- Contribute to the community through the development of tools, presentations, white papers, and blogs
The experience you'll need to be successful:
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Application Security and/or Penetration Testing
- Familiarity with offensive toolkits used for network and application penetration testing
- Familiarity with offensive and defensive IT concepts
- Knowledge of Linux and/or Windows administration
- Up to 25% travel
Other experience that would be helpful, but isn't required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred with a concentration in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or IT
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, C, C++, Java, and C#
- Knowledge of network protocols and design
- Strong communication and writing skills
- GXPN, GPEN, OSCP, CISSP, GWAPT or similar certifications
Why choose NetSPI:
- Meaningful Work: NetSPI helps clients secure their most important assets. We’re the trusted pen-testers and advisors for many leading global organizations. In fact, NetSPI works with 10% of the Fortune 100.
- Great Team Culture: NetSPI is not a body-shop, we’ve developed a very team oriented culture that fosters collaboration and learning. We attract, develop, and reward people who have the passion to make a significant contribution to the continued growth of our business. We recognize that our people want to make a difference and provide the culture of accountability, challenge and opportunity for them to make an impact.
- Leading Edge Technology: We combine market-leading network and web application scanning tools and expert consultant review of all findings, combined with manually executed penetration testing techniques to find more vulnerabilities
- Total Employment Offering: NetSPI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, cell phone/home internet reimbursement, and other similar perks! Our ‘total employment offering’ combines the opportunity for exciting development within a nationally admired business with the chance to work with great clients, strong leadership and bright, motivated colleagues.