The Quality Assurance Engineer will develop, maintain, and execute both manual and automated tests. This person will be working in cooperation with the Development Team to maintain applications used by internal employees and external clients.
- Analyze requirements and use cases in order to create test plans, test cases and test sets.
- Evaluate and document defects - including detailing the steps to reproduce the defect, assigning severity and assessing overall impact to users and other areas of the product.
- Communicating test results and progress to all members of the project team
- Assist in troubleshooting any major issues our internal and external users are encountering
- Provide feedback and advice on how our application, processes and team could be more effective and efficient.
- 2+ years of experience in software testing
- Working knowledge of windows and linux operating systems
- Experience with automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium, Rspec, Cucumber)
- Knowledge of quality management tools (e.g. Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Zendesk)
- Proven ability to build QA process, including documentation, determining essential usability tests and evaluating tools that could enhance testing process
- Self-starter personality and ability to perform responsibilities with little supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, MIS, Math or Science preferred
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Basic understanding of programming
- Knowledge of source control (e.g. git/GitHub)
- Experience with testing REST API layer
Who is NetSPI?
NetSPI is a fast-growing, dynamic company with a fun, friendly working environment, headquartered in the North Loop of Minneapolis. Our consultants are functional experts in their particular fields, whether it's applying PCI compliance measures, or conducting code reviews, external penetration tests, or network architecture analyses. Our team members bring creativity, insight, business knowledge, and technical skill to work with them every day. If you thrive in an energetic setting working with leading edge technology - we want to meet you!
Why Work at NetSPI:
- Meaningful Work: NetSPI helps clients secure their most important assets. We’re the trusted pen-testers and advisors for many leading global organizations. In fact, NetSPI works with 10% of the Fortune 100.
- Great Team Culture: NetSPI is not a body-shop, we’ve developed a very team oriented culture that fosters collaboration and learning. We attract, develop, and reward people who have the passion to make a significant contribution to the continued growth of our business. We recognize that our people want to make a difference and provide the culture of accountability, challenge and opportunity for them to make an impact.
- Leading Edge Technology: We combine market-leading network and web application scanning tools and expert consultant review of all findings, combined with manually executed penetration testing techniques to find more vulnerabilities
- Total Employment Offering: NetSPI offers a competitive salary and benefits package including extras such as a 3% Safe Harbor Contribution into your 401k, more free food and beverages than you could ever consume, cell phone/home internet reimbursement, and other similar perks! Our ‘total employment offering’ combines the opportunity for exciting development within a nationally admired business with the chance to work with great clients, strong leadership and bright, motivated colleagues.
For immediate consideration, please apply!